All bloggers find themselves stuck for inspiration at some point – we’ve all been there, when we just can’t find something we actually want to write about and feel passionate enough for it to give a good result. This post is just a few of my ideas for posts that other bloggers may find useful!
1. Write about what’s happening in your life
2. Do a current favourites post
3. Give a tour of your room, house garden – whatever takes your fancy
4. Take your camera out with you on a walk, or to town and see what you can find to photograph (whenever I cross the River Lee I wish I had my camera because it’s just so pretty at night, but I’m yet to feature it!)
5. Write a diary of a trip you’ve been on recently, whether it was to somewhere in your own country or across the globe
6. Write advice for travelling to places you’ve been – food recommendations, entertainment, places to visit, even what to pack. I find these so useful when I’m travelling!
7. Give your reaction to current news/ stories in the public eye.
8. Do monthly goals and revisit them to see if you’ve achieved them.
9. Write about something that scares you.
10. Write about something you love and why you love it.
11. Review your favourite book.
12. Give advice to people in situations you’ve gone through, e.g. leaving cert students, people learning to drive, bloggers beginning their blogs, college students – anything you feel you can offer some helpful words on!
13. Say what motivates you in your daily life.
14. Write about something/ someone who inspires you and why they do.
15. Write an open letter to someone who has influenced you.
Fashion & Beauty:
16. Compile a wishlist using Polyvore of what catches your eye this season.
17. Review the fashion at Fashion Weeks – say which designers are your favourite.
18. Visit a charity shop and put together an outfit using your finds.
19. Do an “outfit on a budget” post.
20. Put together a celebrity inspired look where you show people how to get an outfit like, say, Kylie Jenner, without spending quite that much.
21. Review red carpet fashion at award shows such as the Oscars, the Golden Globes, the Grammy’s. ( The Oscars is always my favourite one to do.)
22. Do a post on wardrobe necessities this season.
23. Write a piece featuring your favourite designer.
24. Show multiple ways to wear/style one piece.
25. Review a brand.
26. Do a celebrity inspired make up look.
27. Find less expensive duplicates for high end products.
28. Compile your current favourite beauty products.
29. Write about an unusual product you love.
30. Write about a highly anticipated product launch, i.e. Naked Smoky Palette.
31. Show what’s in your make up bag.
32. Show what makeup you would bring when travelling.
33. Spend €20 in a drugstore and post about what you got for that much. (Nyx is always a favourite for this.)
34. Do your favourites of one type of product, e.g. favourite lipsticks/mascaras.
35. Put together a look for a particular occasion.
36. Review a gig/concert you’ve been to.
37. Review a recently released album.
38. Put together a playlist of your current favourite songs using Spotify and share it.
39. Make playlists for different moods, such as when you need motivation, and share them.
40. Post about your favourite band/ singer and say why you like them.
41. Share your top five albums.
42. Write about your favourite places to find cd/record bargains. (I love Camden Market in London for this.)
43. Interview a local band.
44. Do a post inspired by a decade’s best music, such as the 60s or 80s.
45. Share your experience at a music festival.
46. Write about your favourite music venues.
47. Write about some bands/singers that you like who aren’t that well known.
48. Give your reaction to music industry news, e.g. bands breaking up, tours being announced with no date in your country, singers getting involved in controversial stories.
49. Give tips on going to a festival/ concert for the first time.
50. Do a playlist inspired by different genres of music.
These are a few ideas, some which I’ve done and others I may do in the future. I hope you found it useful – I love reading other people’s posts like this when I’m stuck for ideas.
That’s all for now,