As we enter 2017, I have decided that I am refusing to make ‘resolutions’. When I say that, I mean I will not allow myself to fall into the “exercise more, be tidier, be more organised” non specific resolutions that we all make in January and have abandoned by February. Every year, I decide I’ll keep my room tidy once and for all – this lasts until I do my make up/ get dressed, and then my ‘floordrobe’ is back.
This year, I have decided that instead of making any vague, wishy-washy resolutions I will instead make smaller, specific goals that I will try my best to meet. These will both be things I’ve been putting off, and other things I think would be generally beneficial. Hopefully I’ll find it easier to meet these goals because they’re smaller and more focused!
- Make an appointment with a trainer at the gym. (I’m terrified to do this and I always just end up doing random workouts.)
- Cook vegetarian meals to freeze on a Sunday- I haven’t had time to cook much for the past month and I want to get back into the habit of it now that I do.
- Set aside a small amount of time every day to write, whether it be a blog post or something else.
- Organise the photos I haven’t put in albums.
- Start college assignments earlier than the night before they’re due, especially ones that involve practical things that can go wrong, i.e. photography, set design and whatnot.
- Spend an amount of time each day off social media, youtube, Netflix.
- Organise my makeup storage and brushes properly – and clean my brushes more.
- Read all of the books in my “to read” pile, before I buy more.
- Write down 3 positive things each night, and keep a “happy jar” of good things that happen.
So these are some of my more specific goals. I definitely feel more confident meeting these as I’m more focused towards something specific. I will try to post updates of how I get on with some of them, more frequently on Twitter and Insta!