It’s been ages since I’ve posted – school has just taken over completely. It’s also been a while since I did a post which wasn’t fashion related, so today I’m going down a more personal road and doing a “facts about me” post of sorts.
Here we go!
1. I’m a 17 year old Irish girl who lives in Cork, which is where I’ve lived for my whole life.
2. My favourite book is Harry Potter – when I was eight I read it and decided that I wanted to be an author.
3. I can speak Irish and French pretty well, as well as a little bit of Japanese and Russian.
4. Urban Decay is my favourite makeup brand, closely followed by Clinique.
5. I went to see Imelda May with my Granny this summer and I’m obsessed with her now.
6. I really regret reading the Twilight series. What a waste of time.
7. I love everything to do with the sixties.
8. I’ve done irish dancing since I was in first class – that’s ten years now.
9. I love writing but all I get around to writing nowadays is my blog.
10. I play the guitar and the ukulele, but I’m really bad confidence-wise at singing on front of people.
11. Amy Winehouse is my favourite singer ever – there’s not one of her songs that I don’t like, and I spend hours at a time watching live videos and interviews.
12. I’m quite clumsy as I have something called Development Coordination Disorder – it’s not serious, but it means that I trip and fall sometimes, such as the other day when I tripped going onstage for an irish dancing performance. While it’s not serious, it can be embarrassing!
13. I’m planning on staying in Cork for college and going to UCC.
14. I once had a goldfish which I gave the incredibly original name of Goldy. How creative of me.
15. I’m the oldest of about 15 cousins on each side.
16. I love superhero movies but I haven’t seen half enough of them! The original Spiderman, and The Dark Knight Rises are my favourites.
17. There’s too many incredible songs for me to choose a favourite but some I love are “We Are Broken” by Paramore, “Back to Black” by Amy Winehouse, “The Edge” by Tonight Alive, “Little Pixie” by Imelda May, and “Always on my Mind” by Elvis.
18. I watch far too much TV, because I get hooked to shows too easily! At the moment I watch Suits, Pretty Little Liars, Glee, Downton Abbey, and Revenge.
19. I get annoyed with YouTubers so easily and because of that I only watch about 3, which I know I love.
20. When I was five I decided that I either wanted to be a Rockstar, or a fairy princess. Neither have happened yet. (Still hoping.)
21. Winter is my favourite season, because I love how busy I am. While I like the idea of Summer, I always find myself spending multiple days doing nothing. In Winter there’s so much more to do – Christmas shopping, cinema trips with friends who were away all Summer, candles to light, hot chocolate and winter clothes to wear!
22. I much prefer a nice smoothie to eating fast food in McDonalds/Subway. Naked smoothies are my favourite.
23. I like meeting new people, but I get really nervous beforehand. I’m always happy with myself afterwards though!
24. I saw Beyoncé live in March, and she was AMAZING.
25. I’m absolutely rubbish at drawing, but I love doing other creative/arty stuff like sewing, crafts i general, writing, and taking pictures. It’s also why I love music so much!
I hope you enjoyed this more personal post – I liked writing about myself for a change!
Soon I’m hoping to get a few book reviews up, so keep an eye out for them!