I must admit I didn’t have this idea myself – my mum came home from Lidl the other day with orange sorbet which came in orange skins, and they were absolutely delicious! I thought they’d be the perfect summer recipe to try, so I decided to make some lemon sorbet and present it in the lemons. They turned out so nice and refreshing for long, hot beach days so I knew I had to share it with everyone.
This recipe works best if you have a cold freezer – mine didn’t really freeze them fully so they turned out more like ice pops than sorbet, but they were still delicious.
Here’s how I made them…
1 lemon’s zest
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup fizzy water
1. To prepare the lemon containers, cut across the top of a lemon, leaving a space into which you can fit a spoon.
2. Spoon out the content and use it for the lemon juice.
3. Stir together zest, water and sugar.
4. Boil, then simmer for five minutes.
5. Allow to cool.
6. Stir together the lemon syrup with peel,
7. Freeze in ice cream maker using instruction booklet.
8. Otherwise freeze in a tall canister for 1 1/2 hours, before whisking and returning to freezer.
9. Stir once an hour for four hours.
10. Spoon into lemon peels and serve.
That’s how I made them, if you have any questions please comment, if love to see some of you try it out!